If you’re dealing with an armadillo infestation, you’re likely wondering what the best repellent is to keep these pesky pests at bay. These creatures, originally from South America, have made their way to colder parts of the United States, particularly the nine-banded armadillos, and can often be found burrowing near homes or other structures in gardens. While they typically live on an insect-based diet and have a lifespan of 7 to 10 years, armadillos can also carry dangerous diseases such as salmonella, making their removal a top priority. In this article, we’ll explore the best armadillo repellent options to help you effectively deal with an infestation and keep your home and family safe.
Armadillo Infestation: Is It Dangerous?
While armadillos may seem like harmless creatures, they can cause significant damage to your property and carry dangerous diseases such as salmonella. Unlike ants or other common household pests, armadillos are exotic animals that have made their way to colder parts of the United States, particularly the nine-banded armadillo. If you have an armadillo infestation in your home or garden, it’s crucial to act quickly and find the right repellent, such as armadillo repellent home remedy, or consider commercial products, to effectively get rid of these pests.
Here, we’re going to explore the various types of repellents available on the market, including natural and chemical-based options, and the pros and cons of each. With our expert advice, you’ll be able to make an informed decision and choose the best armadillo repellent to keep your property safe and secure.
What Is The Best Armadillo Repellent?[amazon table=”496″ tracking_id=”trap0e-20″]
1. Bonide (BND2361) – Repels-All Animal Repellent – Editor’s Choice[amazon box=”B002ITKVKU” tracking_id=”trap0e-20″] This product is a mixture of ingredients that allows the nasal passages of animals to become slightly irritated. It activates the innate urge to escape/avoid and leaves the pest anytime an animal touches, feels, or smells the repels-All Animal Repellent. It is a biodegradable formula that, when used as intended, would not damage any wildlife, lawns, gardens, flowerbeds, or other desirable plants.
Easy to Apply and Long Repellent Effect
Effective to Multiple Pests
Bonide Repels-All Animal Repellent might be the one you’re looking for if you want to get rid of the pests in your houses without hurting them. However it may affect its effectiveness, some customers accounted that no pests are deterred by this product. Nevertheless, it’s a decent product to try.
2. Natural Armor Animal & Rodent Repellent Spray – Perfect Multipurpose Repellent[amazon box=”B08CLXG7P5″ tracking_id=”trap0e-20″] This industrial repellent from Natural Armor comes in the shape of a spray that you can use both indoors and outdoors and is very easy to use. For indoor applications, it can be used in cellars, basements, attics, and crawl spaces. It may also be used on gardens, lawns, shrubs, bushes, furnishings, garbage cans, foundations, garages, pool houses and sheds, and other outdoor applications.
All Natural Ingredients and Fragrant
Natural Armor Animal is the best spray in the market to repel armadillos using all-natural ingredients, this means that its effectiveness in deterring pests will not harm your kids, pets, and even your plants.
3. Univerayo Coyote Deterrent Solar Predator Control Lights – Great in Effectiveness[amazon box=”B07YFPC4GJ” tracking_id=”trap0e-20″] Fire and predator eyes are simulated by Univerayo predator animal repellent to protect your yard & property from harm caused by wild animals at night. The updated version continuously emits two blinking red LED lights to the predators that attack at night, giving wild animals, such as deer, coyotes, armadillos, raccoons, etc., a more powerful deterrent.
Efficient Solar Energy Batteries
Weatherproof and Maintenance Free
Univerayo Coyote Deterrent Solar Predator Control Lights might be the best effective product when it comes to deterring armadillos and other animals to protect your yard, vegetation or poultries. This is a modern way to get rid of the animals you’ve been worrying about for a long time, and its effectiveness will not be questioned.
4. Yard Gard Organic Armadillo Repellent – Ideal Organic[amazon box=”B00449B2QE” tracking_id=”trap0e-20″] Animal Repellents from Yard Gard are made from organic ingredients and are absolutely safe for kids and pets who can play in your yard. Not only are Yard Gard repellents effective, but they have a proprietary formula for time release that enables the repellent to last for months. It covers an application of 5000 square feet and it is simple to apply.
Castor Oil Infused
Yard Gard Organic Armadillo Repellent is one of the best organic armadillo repellents out there, it is infused with castor oil that is proven to make armadillos more effective than other substances. Overall, this product is a smart choice to consider when buying an armadillo repellent.
5. Pure Coyote Urine by Lenon Animal Lures – Best to Eliminate Fear[amazon box=”B0881DG9K6″ tracking_id=”trap0e-20″] This product is the solution to your problems with pests killing your shrubs and burning up your backyard. This product tricks deer, raccoon, possum, and other rodents into believing that a coyote is nearby so that they can go to find their meal elsewhere. It’s all-natural and it mimics wild animal behavior. No animals are harmed and it’s quick to use.
All Natural and Ready to Use
Lure for Beginners
Pure Coyote Urine by Lenon Animal Lures is an all-natural urine lure ideal for deterring animals by making them think that a coyote is around the area. However, this product smells unpleasant making some discomfort for the people around the applied area.
6. Prima Spice Hot Cayenne Pepper – Excellent Kitchen-Use Repellent[amazon box=”B08HMGLSX1″ tracking_id=”trap0e-20″] Since these species do not like the scent of spicy spices, Cayenne pepper deters armadillos effectively. Armadillos, like many burrowing species, have poor eyesight but have an exceptionally sensitive nose. They are pushed into your yard by the scent of mosquitoes and other insects, so sprinkling a cayenne pepper will deter them instantly because Armadillos don’t like the intense smell, and they’ll probably be looking for food somewhere.
The Versatility of Cayenne Pepper
Sturdy Packaging and Wide Application of Repellent
Prima Spice Hot Cayenne Pepper might be the best natural home solution for deterring armadillos lurking in your backyard. The strong smell will fend off not just armadillos but also the unwanted pests that might cause destruction in your house. It is important to take note that spreading the cayenne pepper might vary from the infestation, just enough sprinkle to your ground will do, as it can irritate people when sprinkled in big quantity.
7. GARDEN SECRETS 3-in-1 Professional ULTRASONIC ANIMAL REPELLENT – Best Ultrasonic Repellent[amazon box=”B0747BFDWS” tracking_id=”trap0e-20″] Get rid of troublesome armadillo and other garden pests with this product providing ultra-powerful ultrasonic and animal repellent deterrent sounds. This product is an immediate remedy for raccoons and skunks, deer, rabbits, mice, pigs, bees, pigeons, armadillos, cats, dogs, bats, possums, coyotes, bears, rabbits, and other unwanted pests lurking in your house.
100 Percent Quiet
Efficient and Energy Saving
Garden Secret’s Ultrasonic Animal Repellent is an outstanding ultrasonic armadillo repeller that utilizes advanced technology to provide a highly effective pest control solution. Specifically designed to repel armadillos, this device emits ultrasonic waves that are extremely unpleasant to these critters, keeping them away from your garden and protecting your plants. Garden Secret’s Ultrasonic Animal Repellent has received excellent ultrasonic armadillo repeller reviews from satisfied customers who have successfully repelled armadillos and kept their gardens free from these pests. The device’s ultrasonic waves create an uncomfortable environment for armadillos, encouraging them to leave the area and seek a more suitable habitat. This makes it an ideal choice for anyone dealing with armadillo-related garden damage.
What is an armadillo?
Like humans, Armadillos are mammals. Directly opposed to what others may have learned, neither a rat nor a marsupial is an armadillo, and they are no more connected than humans to the opossum. They can be dangerous for they are wild animals.
What disease does an armadillo carry?
There are several illnesses that are related to armadillos. The mycobacterium leprae that is believed to cause leprosy may be borne by them. When they attack with their paws, the armadillos will carry on leprosy.
What does an armadillo sound like?
They will make sounds, such as screeching and scraping, which are similar to those of rodents. they even emit a sound that resembles the chirp of cricket when flying.
How do you keep armadillos out of your yard?
To keep armadillos out and to keep them from searching for food on your grounds, use an efficient castor oil-based repellent. Castor oil is an all-natural oil that absorbs the soil and repels armadillos in two ways: it robs underground sources of food (insects, grubs, etc.), leaving them uncomfortable to feed.
Does human urine repel armadillos?
Some people assume that the urine of ammonia, mothballs, and humans or a predator acts as a perfect repellent and scares away armadillos. However, in getting rid of armadillos, repellents just do not work all that well.
How to get rid of armadillos?
This successful approach may be strange, but to help deter them from coming into your space, you can always sprinkle cayenne pepper around your house, garden, or farm. Another remarkable way to repel armadillos is to get an outdoor dog. Also, Using a large earthworm-filled luring trap will help you capture an armadillo safely without killing them. Another way to avoid armadillos entering your house is to set up fences and netting around your house, farm or garden.
I am Tanya Latty, a professor of entomology and ecology at the University of Sydney. I have been working in these fields for many years, with a particular interest in social invertebrates like bees and ants. I enjoy spending time outdoors observing nature. When not doing research or teaching, I love to read books about insects!