Whether you’re a human or an animal, flies are one of the most irritating pests. When they have found you, they’re extremely persistent. They keep coming back for more, no matter how hard you slap at them. They even stink and bite, which makes them much more unpleasant. So, It’s just about time to get rid of them.
What Is The Best Black Fly Repellent?
Last update on 2020-11-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
1. Sawyer Products 20% Picaridin Insect Repellent – Editor’s Choice
- Long-lasting repellent effective against the Yellow Fever...
- Reviewed by Consumer Reports as the Fisherman's Formula in its...
- Fragrance-free topical insect repellent with 20% Picaridin --...
- Lotion is effective up to 14 hours against mosquitoes and ticks;...
- Safe to use on the whole family; won't harm clothing, backpacks,...
Last update on 2020-11-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APISawyer Picaridin Insect Repellent is safe for the entire family to use, is extremely effective in deterring a wide variety of insects, and is suitable for both skin and fabric used. The non-greasy Picaridin provides safety during the day, has a nice low citrus odor, and will not harm plastics or synthetic coatings.
Wide Range of Insect Repellent
Sawyer Picaridin Insect Repellent might be the safest black fly repellent as it contains no toxic formula suitable for the whole family. It is infused with a Picaridin, a WHO-recommended ingredient for repellent. Overall, this is a nice product to take in charge of protecting your loved ones against black flies.
2. Repel Insect Repellent Sportsmen Max Formula Spray Pump – Amazone’s Choice
- REPELS: Create a barrier against mosquitoes, including those that...
- CONTAINS 40% DEET: Provides long-lasting protection in the great...
- DEVELOPED FOR OUTDOOR ENTHUSIASTS: Especially for campers,...
- LASTING PROTECTION: Long-lasting protection ensures that you have...
- APPLICATION - Perfect décor addition to any wall for a living...
Last update on 2020-11-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APIRepel Insect Repellents have effective coverage that lasts for as long as it is required. Repel products make it easy to successfully protect mosquitoes in all conditions, so you can listen to the call of the wild anywhere the trail takes you. This product is great for extended outdoor events where you only have to spray upside down for quick use and application.
Outdoor and On-the-Go
Effective and Natural
When it comes to your outdoor protection against black flies, this Repel Insect Repellent Sportsmen Max Formula is a no brainer. It was specifically designed to accommodate your outdoor needs, ingredient and packaging wise.
3. No-Bite-Me Natural Bug Repellent & Anti Itch Cream – Best For Kids
- All-in-one preventative and after bite treatment. An essential...
- No need to smear gobs of bug repellent; just dot on exposed skin...
- A blend of 16 essential oils including Cedar, Mint, Lemongrass,...
- Effective on black flies, mosquitoes, fleas and ticks. Provides...
- 100% Handmade, hypoallergenic skincare.
Last update on 2020-11-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APIThis all-in-one prevention and after-bite medication is a critical cream for outdoors and hikers, it is effective on black flies, mosquitoes, fleas, and ticks, offering bug relief for up to 4 hours. There are 16 essential oils, including Cedar, Mint, Lemongrass, Geranium, Clove, Thyme, Rosemary, and Eugenol oils, mixed into this product, which means it’s Deet Free and is safe and healthy for kids.
All Natural Ingredients
This prevention and after-bite treatment are promising all-natural ingredients crafted by their expert artisans. It has a nice smell that will make you want to use it even more. However, there are some accounts that this product attracts insects rather than actually repelling it. Nevertheless, it is a safe product for you and your family.
4. Bonide Fly Repellent Granules – All Rounder Repellent
- BUG CONTROL - This pest control is great for repelling horn,...
- ODOR REDUCER - Product not only repels insects but also helps...
- INDOOR OR OUTDOOR USE - Can be used inside horse stables, dairy...
- FAST ACTING - You'll start noticing the results of the treatment...
- READY TO USE - This product is conveniently ready to use when it...
Last update on 2020-11-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APIFor repelling horn, stable, home, cow, deer, and garbage flies, Bonide Fly Beater is an excellent product. Certain types of gnats, fleas, mosquitoes, ticks, and other airborne insect vectors may also be repelled. Not only does this substance repel insects, but it also helps deodorize the treatment area. The granules have a nice fragrance and will leave the region applied smelling fresh and nice.
Outdoor Application and Easy to Use
Strong Botanical Formulation
Revenge Fly Beater Fly and Odor Reducer is an all rounder product that not only repels various types of insects but also deodorizes the area where it has been applied. It is made from botanical ingredients which is a good formula safe for you, your children and even pets.
5. Hem Citronella Incense Sticks – Great Natural Insect Repellent
- Hem Incense is the world's most popular incense stick
- Each box comes in 6 tubes of 20 sticks each for convenient...
- Experience an absolutely beautiful fragrance with Hem
Last update on 2020-11-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APIThe Hem Citronella Incense Stick keeps your meetings and gathering energetic, fragrant, and safe from insect bites in the gardens. These incense sticks have a very strong scent based on conventional formulas that serve as an insect repellent and refreshing scent, it is also equipped with natural extracts, ideal for a safe way to get rid of your insect problems.
This product is a hidden gem made from conventional and old ways to repel irritating insects. The fragrance it offers brings positive vibes to the table and it is a hundred percent safe with natural ingredients. However, you have to check its cost-effectiveness because the sticks tend to burn in a very short time.
6. Repel Insect Repellent Citronella Candle – Ideal Outdoor Candle Repellent
- DECK AND PATIO AREA REPELLENT: Repels mosquitoes and other flying...
- CREATES AN INSECT BARRIER: 20-ounce candle provides up to 40...
- MADE WITH REAL CITRONELLA OIL: Keeps mosquitoes away from outdoor...
- CONVENIENT GREEN CONTAINER: Portable mosquito protection perfect...
- PERIMETER PROTECTION: Use several Repel Insect Repellent...
Last update on 2020-11-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APICrafted with natural citronella oil, this 20-ounce candle burns for up to 40 hours, making it suitable for use on your balcony, porch, or deck or on a campsite when you spend time outdoors. It can be used with one or two candles in the still air to reduce the irritation of mosquitoes or multiple candles to create a ring of protection against flying insects to optimize the repellent shield.
Great for Decoration
Repel Insect Repellent Citronella Candle might have the best feature to be the best outdoor repellent for various insects. It is mainly infused with citronella making it effective as a repellent and at the same time, it does not smell stronger than other citronella products.
What are black flies attracted to?
Black flies are primarily drawn to humans by the carbon dioxide we exhale, but dark-colored clothes, perfumes, and sweat also attract these blood-sucking insects. Black flies are also drawn to animals and other mammals by the scent of exhaled carbon dioxide.
What diseases do black flies carry?
Black flies may be irritating biting bugs, but no infectious agents are believed to be spread to humans. However, one parasitic nematode worm that infects humans in other parts of the world is spread by them. They may also cause Onchocerciasis, an eye and skin condition caused by the bite of a blackfly (Simulium species) that is spread to humans by a worm.
How do you get rid of black flies naturally?
In a bottle, rub some on clothes or apply 10 to 15 drops to a cup of water and wipe away the flies. Sassafras, pennyroyal, lavender, eucalyptus, lemon balm (also known as citronella), and cedar are other oils to try in order to get rid of them. Black flies can be deterred from burning these in candles or diffusers.
How do I get rid of black flies in my yard?
Use citronella-containing fly repellent coils or candles to stop black flies. By cutting the grass and trimming shrubbery, the black fly population is minimized. Black flies are drawn to darker clothing, so make sure you’re wearing light clothing or wear a hat to deter them.
What to put on black fly bites?
To minimize swelling from a black fly bite, add ice to the region at fifteen-minute intervals. In the infected region, you should apply cortisone or prescription topical steroids. Washing the region with water and soap will also decrease the chance of infection.
Table of Contents
- What Is The Best Black Fly Repellent?
- 1. Sawyer Products 20% Picaridin Insect Repellent – Editor’s Choice
- 2. Repel Insect Repellent Sportsmen Max Formula Spray Pump – Amazone’s Choice
- 3. No-Bite-Me Natural Bug Repellent & Anti Itch Cream – Best For Kids
- 4. Bonide Fly Repellent Granules – All Rounder Repellent
- 5. Hem Citronella Incense Sticks – Great Natural Insect Repellent
- 6. Repel Insect Repellent Citronella Candle – Ideal Outdoor Candle Repellent
- Buyer’s Guide