What is the best rodent repellent? Every household owner knows what harm can be caused to farms, houses, and products by rodents. Fortunately, getting rid of such intruders can be done fairly easily with the help of modern devices known as repellents.
Last update on 2021-02-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APISo, what are repellents? They are special agents, which contain substances, irritating the smell of rodents. When inhaled, the animals become disorient, experience nausea and vomiting, as in case of poisoning, and rush to leave the poisoned zone. There are many active ingredients in repellents, but the most effective irritants are considered methyl silicate and nonivamide.
Choosing an appropriate repeller requires thoughtful consideration. Remember, it is not enough to choose just an effective repeller, you have to buy a repeller, which can be safely used around people and pets. Therefore, we have prepared a review of the top 6 best repellents and a detailed buyer guide, for you to easily choose the perfect one!
1. Mica Rodent Spray by MDXconcepts — Editor’s Choice
- Rodent repellent – mdxconcepts Rodent spray is the best way to...
- Quality- As it is natural It can be used around household without...
- Satisfaction - ensure you a satisfaction that the product works...
- Trust - we ensure that the product works well for giving you a...
- User friendly - The product is very easy to use. It will not...
Last update on 2021-02-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APIMica Rodent Spray is famous for having natural oils that contain no harmful ingredients for humans and animals in its composition. This spray scares off the rodents with a strong smell of fresh peppermint, forcing them to leave the room instead of using mousetraps or other ways to kill mice.
Users praise this repellent for the safe-to-use formula in residential environments and composition, which is not harmful to animals and children. It effectively copes with getting rid of mice and serves as a good preventive measure. If you feel comfortable with a spray bottle format repellent, then you will also like this product.
2. Mouse Mix Natural Pest Deterrent — Amazon’s Choice
- One container (1 lbs. 8 oz.) is enough to effectively treat an...
- For use in home, camper, cabin, classic car, boat, storage
- Application baggies are included.
- All natural peppermint based deterrent
Last update on 2021-02-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APIMouse-Mix Natural Pest Deterrent effects on rodents with the pungent smell of natural mint oil. Rodents hate mint and rush to leave the premises and are afraid to appear there again. This product is safe for people and animals, causes no allergic reactions or other side effects.
The product has shown good results in getting rid of mice and rats, as well as a being a preventive measure. It is enough to update the repellent every month and rodents will no longer bother you.
3. T3-R Triple High Impact Repeller — Effective and not Harmful Repeller
- Powers Out Mice, Rats, Squirrels etc. with Repulsive Ultrasonic...
- Changes in ultrasonic sound repelling is key and that is why the...
- Easy Application | Stands on its own | Comes with 6ft. plug-in...
- Over 15 years in the business | We stand by our product |...
- Safe to use around cats, dogs, humans, children, and all house...
Last update on 2021-02-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APIT3-R Triple High Impact is a repeller that scares off different species of rodents with powerful sound radiation. It produces sounds, which are above the range of sound perception in usual humans and their pets, and is, therefore, safe to use.
Users note that it takes 1-2 weeks from the device to expel all the rodents from the living quarters, garages, pantries, and other rooms. This repellent has the most sufficient effect against such rodents as mice and rats, but it takes longer to expel squirrels. In general, this is a worthy gadget with good efficiency.
4. Fresh Cab Rodent Repellent — Vegan Rodent Control
- Prevents and removes rodents from uninhabited enclosed areas,...
- Remove the outer plastic wrapper and place the Fresh Cab pouch...
- For current rodent infestations, place the Fresh Cab pouches in...
- For rodent prevention, increase the number of pouches as needed...
- Fast-acting, plant-powered ingredients. Balsam fir oil, lavender...
Last update on 2021-02-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APIFresh Cab Rodent Repellent has long appealed to many users for being an effective and non-violent method of removing rodents off the territory. It affects on rodents with the pungent, repelling scent of natural fresh oils. This scent makes rodents leave the room in a matter of a few weeks.
This repellent is safe for humans and animals when it is used correctly. It should not be placed in living quarters, but in garages, storage facilities, and other buildings like these. It takes the mice out within 2 weeks, and it takes a little more time to remove the rats. In general, this is not only a good way to expel rodents, but also a worthy measure to prevent their occurrence again.
5. Redeo 4 Pack Mole Repellents — Technological and Safe Solution for Removing Burrowing Rodents
- Smart Working Pattern -- This mole repellent is our 3th...
- Working Principle -- The vibration and sonic pulses will...
- Highest Waterproof Rating -- Passed waterproof test IP67....
- Special Solar Panels -- 2 PCS beveled solar panels which are...
- Your Best Choice -- This mole spike will drive these unwanted...
Last update on 2021-02-25 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APIThe developers of Redeo 4 Pack Mole Repellents have embodied in their product the latest technologies which help get rid of burrowing rodents. All components of the repeller plunged into the ground and emit sound vibrations, scaring away burrowing rodents. This is a safe and effective way to save your garden from burrowing rodents.
The repellent impresses with its technology and ease of use. It easily frees your crops from burrowing rodents without killing them. This is a great option for those who want to rid their crops of burrowing rodents and prevent their occurrence in the future.
6. ZEROPEST Ultrasonic Pest Repeller — Get Rid of Rodents & PestsZEROPEST Ultrasonic Pest Repeller is manufactured using the latest technical solutions. It safely relieves your home of rodents and insects by issuing special ultrasonic waves, which are imperceptible for humans. The repeller is absolutely safe for people and pets because it operates in a higher sound range.
This repeller have many positive reviews for its high performance and ease of use. But the final results of using this tool are noticeable not earlier than a month later.
Buyer’s Guide: How to Choose the Best Rodent Repellent?
In this section, we will tell you how to choose the best repellent rodent for you and what features to look for when buying.
1. Repellent format
2. Consider the characteristics of the area from where you are going to remove the rodents
3. The size of the treated area
4. Rodent species
5. Take care of pets
Frequently Asked Questions
Before buying a new repellent, many people have various questions about this topic. We gladly answered the most popular ones!
Do Electronic rodent repellents really work?
Most electronic repellers emit only ultrasound – usually, these are low-cost, low-power models for small rooms. More expensive models can target both rodents and pests with electromagnetic radiation, ultrasound, and flashes of light. And, although it is possible to eliminate rodents with just one ultrasound. A combination of a few methods of exposure at once will give the best result, especially for large rooms.
It is necessary to remember that ultrasound cannot penetrate walls and floors, therefore a separate device will be required for each room. Ultrasound is well reflected from a solid surface (wood, concrete, glass) and is also well absorbed by soft surfaces – such as curtains, upholstered furniture, carpets, food bags. Therefore, it is important to turn on the rat repeller in the most empty room – this way it will work better.
What do Mice hate the most?
Mice are more sensitive to sounds and chatter. Ultrasonic, magnetic resonance, and electromagnetic rodent repellent devices are based on what sounds rats are afraid of. The equipment is designed to generate waves that are captured by rodents. The resulting sound irritates and repels parasites.
Also, mice hate the smells of burnt tires, burnt fluff or wool, naphthalene and kerosene. They are sensitive to the following plants: mint, elderberry, cilantro, daffodils, calendula, and tomato leaves.
What scent will keep rats away?
Using odor repellants is the safest, most humane, and the cheapest way to get rid of rats. Correctly selected odors of repellents will help drive rats’ families out of their homes and prevent them from returning.
They do not stand plant odors of mint, wormwood, elderberry, chamomile, feverfew, and even tansy. As for spices, mice hate coriander and cilantro. The principle of using all these plants is simple and straightforward: it is enough to decompose fresh or dried parts of the plants in the places, where the rodents are accumulated. Scents should be replaced with new ones every few days.
How to use peppermint oil as rodent repellent?
The most popular way to use peppermint oil is to mix it in a spray bottle:
• mint essential oil – 13-16 drops;
• water – 350-450 ml;
• alcohol – 15 ml.
Shake the mixture thoroughly and spread it over the places where rodents might live.
One procedure will not cause that much effect from the first time, so you should repeat it 2-3 times a week for 1 month and the rodents will leave you.
We also offer another way to apply peppermint oil in order to remove rodents.
Prepare a few cotton pads or pieces of cotton wool and moisten them with a mixture of essential peppermint oil and water. Then put a cotton pad in the place of the rodents’ outings, and seal it with tape, so that the smell does not actively spread into the apartment.
Which birds are good rodent repellent?
Several species of birds are considered good rodent repellents. Most often, these are birds of prey – eagles, falcons, hawks. Owls and seagulls also effectively help in the fight against rodents.
How to use fox urine for rodent repellent?
Most often, manufacturers produce this kind of rat repellent in the form of granules soaked in fox urine. This smell is a natural repeller for rodents because, in the wild, foxes are natural enemies of rats, mice, and other rodents. Spread the granules around the area and building from which you need to expel the rodents, and they will leave your area very soon.
During the “mouse” season (autumn-winter), go around your territory and assure that no mouse holes and nests in the grass and bushes appear nearby. This simple measure will help protect your territory from enemy raids. If you resort to preventive measures, then rodents will not appear on your territory.
Table of Contents
- 1. Mica Rodent Spray by MDXconcepts — Editor’s Choice
- 2. Mouse Mix Natural Pest Deterrent — Amazon’s Choice
- 3. T3-R Triple High Impact Repeller — Effective and not Harmful Repeller
- 4. Fresh Cab Rodent Repellent — Vegan Rodent Control
- 5. Redeo 4 Pack Mole Repellents — Technological and Safe Solution for Removing Burrowing Rodents
- 6. ZEROPEST Ultrasonic Pest Repeller — Get Rid of Rodents & Pests
- Buyer’s Guide: How to Choose the Best Rodent Repellent?
- Frequently Asked Questions