Table of Contents
- What Is The Best Chigger Repellent?
- 1. Sawyer Products Premium Permethrin Insect Repellent – Editor’s Choice
- 2. Wondercide Natural Ready to Use Yard Flea, Tick and Mosquito Spray – Amazon’s Choice
- 3. Cutter Skinsations Insect Repellent3 Aerosol – Best All Ages Chigger Repellent
- 4. Ultrathon Insect Repellent Lotion – Best Outdoor Chigger Repellent
- 5. OFF! Deep Woods Insect & Mosquito Repellent – Best Long Lasting Chigger Repellent
- 6. Chigg-Away The Soldier’s Choice Relieves Itching and Repels Chiggers – Best Chigger Repellent with Anti Itch
- Buyers Guide
Chigger bites are among the world’s worst insect bites, and not because they’re unpleasant, because as it happens, you don’t even notice them immediately. For two to three weeks, the constant scratching that follows will linger and make you mad, clawing at yourself to get rid of them. To prevent this problem, here are some of the best chigger repellent available in the market.
What Is The Best Chigger Repellent?
1. Sawyer Products Premium Permethrin Insect Repellent – Editor’s Choice
- Add a layer of protection to your clothing and gear with...
- Ideal for backpacking, backyard BBQs, and other outdoor...
- Permethrin spray bonds to fabric fibers for up to 6 weeks or...
Non-Staining and Versatile
Permethrin Based Formula
If you want to protect yourself against chiggers while you are camping or going outside without applying it on your skin this Sawyer Products Premium Permethrin Insect Repellent for Clothing is the perfect choice for you. Plus, it is a long-lasting formula so a little goes a long way making it cost-effective in repelling chiggers.
- Effective against 55 insect species
- Compact and easy to use aerosol
- Ideal for use while hunting
- Effective solely on clothing
2. Wondercide Natural Ready to Use Yard Flea, Tick and Mosquito Spray – Amazon’s Choice
- KILLS & REPELS. A flea and tick yard treatment and preventative,...
- SPRAY & PLAY! Safe around cats, dogs and people of all ages when...
- TREATS UP TO 5,000 SQUARE FEET. Can be safely used on lawns,...
Safe with Added Natural Benefits
Deters and Eliminates Pests
Wondercide Natural Ready to Use Yard Flea, Tick, and Mosquito Spray offers impressive effectiveness in eliminating not just chigger but also many other pests that may disturb you, with its all-natural formulation.
- Wide application range
- Can be used on vegetation
- No chemical added
- Safe for cats, dogs and people
- Washes off with water
3. Cutter Skinsations Insect Repellent3 Aerosol – Best All Ages Chigger Repellent
- REPELS MOSQUITOES: 7 percent DEET formula repels mosquitoes,...
- LIGHT, CLEAN FEEL WITH A FRESH SCENT: Never feels oily or greasy,...
- ALSO REPELS TICKS, GNATS, BITING FLIES, CHIGGERS & FLEAS: Create...
Aloe and Vitamin E Infused
360 Degree Pump and Easy to Apply
Usually, chigger repellents and other mosquito repellents might not be suitable for the whole family to use because of its harsh formulation, but this Cutter Skinsations Insect Repellent Pump Spray opposed this. Its formulation is suitable for all ages, an ideal repellent for all family members.
- The effect might not last long
4. Ultrathon Insect Repellent Lotion – Best Outdoor Chigger Repellent
- Contains 34.34% DEET for superb protection against insect bites
- Proven to repel mosquitoes, ticks, biting flies, chiggers, gnats,...
- Repels mosquitoes that may carry Zika Virus, West Nile Virus,...
Effective on Many Insects
Advanced 3M Controlled Release Technology
Ultrathon Insect Repellent Lotion promises good protection against disease-carrying mosquitoes and chiggers that you might encounter in the great outdoors. Therefore, this product may be the best outdoor chigger repellent you should consider when you are often outside your homes.
- Convenient 2 click top locks
- Unique time-release technology
- Easy to apply
- Advanced 3M controlled release technology
- The formulation might feel sticky when applied
5. OFF! Deep Woods Insect & Mosquito Repellent – Best Long Lasting Chigger Repellent
- DEET mosquito repellent formulated with 25% DEET
- Repels mosquitoes that may carry the Zika, Dengue, or West Nile...
- Long-lasting protection from mosquitoes, ticks, biting flies,...
Good for All Ages
OFF! Deep Woods Insect & Mosquito Repellent might have the best long-lasting protection against chiggers and other pesky insects that may disturb your outdoor trips. It is also formulated in such a way that it will give protection without you noticing or being bothered by it.
- Ideal for outdoor use
- Safe for all ages
- Easy to apply
- Powder-dry formula
- Leaves powder residue
6. Chigg-Away The Soldier’s Choice Relieves Itching and Repels Chiggers – Best Chigger Repellent with Anti Itch
- Relieves itching and discomfort due to non- poisonous insect...
- Repels chiggers (redbugs).
- Great for: Military, Campers, Hikers, Hunters, Backpackers,...
DEET Free Formula
Chigg-Away’s versatility is a no brainer, aside from its chigger repellent capability, it is also well established in alleviating itch from different insect bites. Overall, this is a smart product to consider especially that it acts as a dual purpose.
- Effective on chiggers
- Dual purpose
- No smell
- Relieves itching
- Leaves powder residue
What smell do chiggers hate?
Tea Tree Oil tends to work well against ticks, chiggers, and deer flies if you use Essential Oils (EO) treatment, while citronella, citrus, and eucalyptus are the best at keeping off mosquitoes and black flies.
Does rubbing alcohol kill chiggers?
A perfect way to prevent chiggers from jumping on you and biting you in the first place is repellent. While rubbing alcohol is also a quick remedy for chiggers, it will burn when it hits some chiggers-created bite wounds.
Does Dawn dish soap kill chiggers?
In that category, Chiggers Dawn dish fluid and water (soapy water) can kill fleas, ticks, and certain other insects. But, manage only parts of your yard where it is verified that chiggers reside. Don’t overuse pesticides in treating the whole affected areas.
Can chiggers live in your bed?
Chiggers ought not to live in your bed and to get their three-to-four-day feed, these microscopic bugs require a warm body so they can morph into a nymph and become adults. Until laying eggs in the spring, chiggers spend their winter in the forest.
How can I tell if my yard has chiggers?
The appearance of the chiggers would be small and either red or yellow, so you should be able to see them against the black background quickly. Another way to search them: for a few minutes, leave a small bowl of water on the lawn. Check along the rim for chiggers clustered.
Can chiggers spread from person to person?
Chigger bites are not viral, so someone can’t catch them or give them to someone else. So, until the scratching makes you too uneasy, you should still play sports and do all your usual outdoor activities.
I am Tanya Latty, a professor of entomology and ecology at the University of Sydney. I have been working in these fields for many years, with a particular interest in social invertebrates like bees and ants. I enjoy spending time outdoors observing nature. When not doing research or teaching, I love to read books about insects!